Battle of the Bands
Due to social distancing guidelines for public gatherings set by our governor, Saratoga Splash days will be a virtual event this year June 8-13. There will be virtual contests and activities for families to participate in and opportunities to win prizes. Follow us on social media and/or check back here for more information and links to register.
We are looking to hold an end of summer celebration August 3-8 dependant on guidelines by the state health department for public gatherings.
- Bands must have 3 or more members in order to compete.
- Absolutely NO Lip-syncing or tracking vocals.
- Bands must complete registration form and submit required video by due date to be considered for competition. Video must include at least 2 songs.
Completed registration forms and videos must be submitted by Monday, June 1, 2020 at 5:00pm. Participants will be notified if they have been chosen to participate by Friday, June 5, 2020 at 5:00pm.
- Amateur Bands are 18 years old and younger.
- Professional Bands are 18 years and older.
- All bands must bring their own instruments except for drums.
- Drum kit, Microphones and speakers will be provided.
- Band must be set up with sound check within 10 minutes of time slot.
- Band must tear down and exit stage in 10 minutes or less upon completion of set.
- Bands will each have 15 minutes of performance time.
- Any inappropriate language, inappropriate or controversial topics, and or distasteful behavior will result in immediate disqualification from competition. All songs must be appropriate for a family-oriented environment.
- City of Saratoga Springs is not liable for accident, equipment disappearance or damage.
- Music (Clarity, lyrical content and over-all musical performance) 1-10pts
- Stage Presence and Crowd Interaction ( How does the band connect with the audience?) 1-10pts
- Appearance and Personality (Overall look and personality, do you look the part?) 1-5pts
- Crowd Applause (Fan Support) 1-20pts
Professional: 1st Place $1000 / runner up $500. The winner will play a 45-60 minute set on June 22, 2020 at our Monday night concert series at 7:30pm.
Amateur: 1st Place $700 / runner up $300. The winner will play a 20-25 minute set on June 22, 2020 at our Monday night concert series at 7pm.