Keep up to date on the latest road construction projects in Saratoga Springs. Below you will find information and links to UDOT and city road construction projects. All construction timelines are subject to change. For real time updates on these projects follow us on Facebook @cityofsaratogasprings
UDOT Road Construction
We have three main roads going through our city that are under the jurisdiction of UDOT. Pioneer Crossing, Redwood Road and Mountain View Corridor. Road construction timing, lights and speed limits along these roads are determined by them. Find out more about what is going on with UDOT road construction projects here in Saratoga Springs. to visit the UDOT website click here. To contact UDOT click here.
Redwood Road Update
SR-68, between MP 11 and 14.6 - planned to begin on Monday, May 11.This project is expected to take about a month to complete, and will necessitate intermittent one-way traffic guided by flaggers, which will cause some moderate traffic delays. Work hours will be Monday-Friday, between 7 AM and 7 PM.
Due to possible inclement weather this week, crews are pushing the start of paving operations on this project to next week. Crews will perform asphalt removal on Tuesday and Wednesday, May 26-27. They will then follow-up with asphalt paving on Thursday and Friday, May 28-29. Shoulder work will take place concurrently with paving operations. Following paving, crews will install new roadway signs and rumble strips, and place temporary striping paint on the new asphalt.
I-15 Technology Corridor Construction
The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) has major traffic changes coming to Lehi in early November. The new bridge over I-15 at Triumph Boulevard is expected to open and the frontage roads adjacent to I-15 from S.R. 92 (Timpanogos Highway) to 2100 North will convert to one-way roads. Both of these new features will be open to traffic, but in a temporary configuration through late 2020.
Once Triumph Boulevard bridge is open, 2100 North will be reduced to one lane in each direction at I-15. To keep traffic moving while crews work on the interchange, it will be converted to a temporary Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI) during construction. Drivers should plan ahead for additional delays on 2100 North during a.m. and p.m. commutes or use an alternate route.
To stay informed, sign up for updates at udot.utah.gov/techcorridor and follow the project on Twitter @i15techcorridor. Contact the project team at 844-401-TECH(8324) or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
For questions about safely using or driving near the green bike boxes and bike lanes, visit UDOT’s website here.
The Utah Department of Transportation recently conducted a safety study to identify potential solutions to improve safety on Pioneer Crossing through Lehi and Saratoga Springs. UDOT met with both cities to review and discuss the study recommendations. From the study UDOT recommended to implement the following:
- Install overhead and side-mounted advanced warning systems at each signal to alert drivers that the signal is changing to red and to prepare to stop. The study identified 2300 West as the top priority for an AWS system, followed by 500 West. These two intersections would be installed first, with the remaining intersections to follow as funding allows.
- Reprogram the left-turn signals for the EB and WB traffic at 2300 W, 1100 W, 500 W and Center Street to remove permissive lefts (flashing yellow arrows) and implement protected left turns only (green arrows). These adjustments can be made with the existing equipment already installed at the signals.
- Adding a protected left-turn signal for EB and WB traffic at 1700 West, and
- Installing curve warning signs with advisory speeds at key points along the corridor.
"Pioneer Crossing is one of the main east-west corridors serving the communities of Saratoga Springs and Lehi. By working closely with our city partners we were able to identify solutions that would improve safety and keep traffic moving on Pioneer Crossing," said Rob Clayton, UDOT Region Three Director.
- UDOT has moved forward with reprogramming the left-turn signals at all the intersections from 300 East to 2300 West to a protected left-turn movement.
- The left turn signal at 1700 West is currently being installed and the curve warning signs will be added in the coming weeks.
- The AWS system at 2300 West is scheduled to be installed within the next six months once design work and a contractor is selected to build them.
City Road Construction
Thursday, April 16 - Monday, April 20, Redwood Road will have lane shifts between Commerce Dr. & Dalmore Dr., as part of utility work for the Costco development. Market Street will also be closed at this time. Please follow traffic construction cones and signage.
Landscaping is moving forward with spring warming up. The west side of the Redwood Road Trail, between Ring Road and Stillwater Dr, will be closed for the next few weeks, starting March 16, 2020. Lighted pedestrian crossings available at Stillwater Dr. Please see the below map for the trail detour. The trail on the East side of Redwood Road will remain open.