Growth & Demographics
The City of Saratoga Springs continues to be one of the ten fastest growing cities in Utah. As a region, the northern Utah County area is experiencing rapid development and growth. The City of Saratoga Springs was recently named as the best place for home ownership in Utah by a consumer advocacy website.
Saratoga Springs is expected to have over 120,000 residents at build out. With so much continued growth, the City is taking advantage of the great opportunity to work with residents, land owners and developers to proactively plan for the future needs of our residents.
- The Utah Governor’s Office of Economic Development identified Saratoga Springs with the fastest growth rate in the State from 2000-2010 at 1,672.8%. This trend is only continuing.
- Over the next 5 years Saratoga Springs’ population is projected to jump from 30,000 to 40,000 residents and from 30,000 to 50,000 in the next 10 years—a 66 percent increase.
- Saratoga Springs issues 1000+ permits during in 2017.
- The latest census data also shows that Saratoga Springs’ median income is 30% higher than the state median at $80,857.
- The average household size in Saratoga Springs is also higher than the state average at 4.25.
- U.S Census Bureau Data from 2010, 2012, 2015 and 2016, as well as City data depending on specific data elements
- Average Household Size: 4.25
- Education: 96.6% high school graduate or higher; 43.7% bachelor’s degree or higher
- Households: 7,406
- Median Age: 22.6
- Median Income: $80,389
- Population Estimate: 30,000+