Keep up to date on the latest road construction projects in Saratoga Springs. Below you will find information and links to UDOT and city road construction projects. All construction timelines are subject to change. For real time updates on these projects follow us on Facebook @cityofsaratogasprings
UDOT Road Construction
Find out more about what is going on with UDOT road construction projects here in Saratoga Springs. Follow links for more details and contact information.
The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) is improving Redwood Road south of Pioneer Crossing in Saratoga Springs to reduce congestion and extend the life of the roadway. Construction began summer 2017 and is anticipated to be complete by late 2018.
- Beginning at 10:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 5, crews will prepare the following intersections on Redwood Road for asphalt paving: Village Parkway, Stillwater Drive, Fairway Boulevard and Ring Road. Flaggers will be stationed at these intersections overnight. Drivers should expect brief traffic stops.
- Beginning at approximately 8 a.m. on Monday, May 6, crews will pave at these intersections starting with Village Parkway and moving north. Lanes will be shifted on side streets to keep traffic moving while the work continues. Drivers should plan extra travel time for Monday morning's commute.
- Beginning Thursday night, May 9, north and southbound lanes on Redwood Road between Lake View Terrace Road and Village Parkway will shift to the new pavement on the west side. Drivers should watch for new traffic patterns and follow traffic control devices
As part of the the Redwood Road Construction Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) is adding an east-west Continuous Flow Intersection (CFI) at Pioneer Crossing and Redwood Road.
- Tuesday, May 7, Northbound Redwood Road lanes will shift between 400 North and Pioneer Crossing.
- Left-turn lanes from northbound Redwood Road onto westbound Pioneer Crossing will be reduced to a single lane.
- Southbound Redwood Road lanes will shift through the intersection down to 400 North.
- Northbound Redwood Road Lanes will shift between 400 N and Pioneer Crossing.
- Left-turn lanes from northbound Redwood Road into westbound Pioneer Crossing will be reduced to a single lane.
- Southbound Redwood Road lanes will shift through the intersection to 400 North.
These new traffic patterns will remain in place for up to two months. Drivers should watch for traffic control devices and follow new striping.
- On Friday, May 3, crews will begin concrete paving on the northeast section of the Pioneer Crossing and Redwood Road intersection. These activities will last up to two weeks. Drivers should watch for trucks entering and exiting the work zone.
- Beginning Friday, May 10, the south entrance will be temporarily closed to Smith’s Marketplace and surrounding businesses on Pioneer Crossing. The closure will remain in place for approximately 14 days while crews reconstruct the entrance and complete utility work. During the closure, patrons can access businesses from the east side entrances via Redwood Road. Drivers should plan ahead and follow traffic control devices.
The Utah Department of Transportation recently conducted a safety study to identify potential solutions to improve safety on Pioneer Crossing through Lehi and Saratoga Springs. UDOT met with both cities to review and discuss the study recommendations. From the study UDOT recommended to implement the following:
- Install overhead and side-mounted advanced warning systems at each signal to alert drivers that the signal is changing to red and to prepare to stop. The study identified 2300 West as the top priority for an AWS system, followed by 500 West. These two intersections would be installed first, with the remaining intersections to follow as funding allows.
- Reprogram the left-turn signals for the EB and WB traffic at 2300 W, 1100 W, 500 W and Center Street to remove permissive lefts (flashing yellow arrows) and implement protected left turns only (green arrows). These adjustments can be made with the existing equipment already installed at the signals.
- Adding a protected left-turn signal for EB and WB traffic at 1700 West, and
- Installing curve warning signs with advisory speeds at key points along the corridor.
"Pioneer Crossing is one of the main east-west corridors serving the communities of Saratoga Springs and Lehi. By working closely with our city partners we were able to identify solutions that would improve safety and keep traffic moving on Pioneer Crossing," said Rob Clayton, UDOT Region Three Director.
- UDOT has moved forward with reprogramming the left-turn signals at all the intersections from 300 East to 2300 West to a protected left-turn movement.
- The left turn signal at 1700 West is currently being installed and the curve warning signs will be added in the coming weeks.
- The AWS system at 2300 West is scheduled to be installed within the next six months once design work and a contractor is selected to build them.
Mountain View Corridor
Mountain View Corridor is using a phased construction approach designed to balance transportation needs with available funds. Initial construction includes two lanes in each direction with signalized intersections and biking and walking trails. Future construction phases will build out the remainder of the corridor by converting intersections to interchanges and adding inside lanes to achieve a fully functional freeway. Mountain View Corridor will eventually be a 35-mile freeway from I-80 in Salt Lake County to S.R. 73 in Utah County.
As part of the project, Aspen Hills Boulevard will no longer connect to 800 West. This will occur on Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2018, and will be permanent. Please see the map to understand this closure.
For more information, please contact the Mountain View Corridor team at 1-800-596-2556 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I-15 Technology Corridor Construction
The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) has major traffic changes coming to Lehi in early November. The new bridge over I-15 at Triumph Boulevard is expected to open and the frontage roads adjacent to I-15 from S.R. 92 (Timpanogos Highway) to 2100 North will convert to one-way roads. Both of these new features will be open to traffic, but in a temporary configuration through late 2020.
Once Triumph Boulevard bridge is open, 2100 North will be reduced to one lane in each direction at I-15. To keep traffic moving while crews work on the interchange, it will be converted to a temporary Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI) during construction. Drivers should plan ahead for additional delays on 2100 North during a.m. and p.m. commutes or use an alternate route.
To stay informed, sign up for updates at udot.utah.gov/techcorridor and follow the project on Twitter @i15techcorridor. Contact the project team at 844-401-TECH(8324) or email@example.com with questions.
Nightly Timpanogos Highway Closures
Timpanogos Highway (S.R. 92) will close on weeknights at I-15 for bridge work beginning March 11 for approximately two weeks. S.R. 92 will be closed from 9:30 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Mondays through Thursdays and from 11 p.m. to 8 a.m. on Fridays.
Traffic will be detoured to 2100 North and 14600 South. The new Triumph Boulevard bridge or 1200 West can be used as alternate routes for local east/west traffic. I-15 will remain open to traffic during the closures. A detour map is provided below.
City Road Construction
Find out more about what is going on with city road construction projects here in Saratoga Springs. Send comments and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org