Special Event Permit Application and Information
Due to COVID-19 Restrictions we are not approving any 3rd party special event applications for use of city facilities at this time.
To apply for a Special Event Permit you must fill out the application in full and submit it to the city. It can be submitted by emailing to email@example.com Or you can turn it into the receptionist at the city offices at 1307 N Commerce Drive, Saratoga Springs, Utah 84045
- Special Event Permit Application - Click here
- Emailed submissions- Click Here to pay application processing fee.
- Application processing fee must be paid for application to be processed.
- Applications must be completely filled out and have all required documents when submitted.
- Applications not completely filled out and/or without all required documents such as an event plan and/or site map etc. will automatically be rejected.
- DO NOT pay a pavilion rental fee if you are turning in a Special Event Application. Once your application is received there will be a temporary hold placed on the venue you are requesting to use. Any rental fees will be paid with the permit fees.
Application Fee and Permit Due Dates
The Event Application Fee is a non-refundable fee that will be credited toward the Permit Fee, if the event is approved. Application fee must be paid for application to be reviewed. Application due dates vary based on the level of an event. Although City Staff make the final determination of an event level, applicants should meet the deadline that best fits both the size and scope of the event (see event level descriptions below). Failure to adhere to the proper due dates, based on both size and scope of the event, may result in denial of an application and/or the event. If an applicant fails to meet the proper due date, the application will incur an additional, non-refundable Late Fee on top of the Permit Fee.
- Application Fee: $25
- Late Fee: $25
- Due Dates:
- 500+ attendance 90 days before event
- 300 - 499 attendance 60 days before event
- 299 or less attendance 30 days before event
Event Levels and Permit Fees
The Level of an event is determined by City Staff based on:
- Projected attendance
- Scope of requested/required City resources
- Disruption in the community
For example, an event with a projection of 300 in attendance may be moved from a Level 2 up to a Level 1 event, due to road closures, noise, significant need for City Staff time or other factors. However, an event with a projection of 300 in attendance may NOT move down from a Level 2 to a Level 3, simply because they are using little or no city resources. After review of an event application, City Staff will inform the applicant of the respective Event Level, Permit Fee, and City Service Fees with the application. All Permit Fees and City Service Fees are due before issuance of the event permit from the City at least 15 days before the event.
Event Level 1
500 or more in attendance (includes participants, bystanders, staff, volunteers and others), as well as staff determination of size and scope of requested and/or required City resources.
- Application/Permit Processing Fee: $150.00
- Application Due Date: 90 days before event
Event Level 2
300 - 499 in attendance (include participants, bystanders, staff, volunteers and others).
- Application/Permit Processing Fee: $75.00
- Application Due Date: 60 days before event
Event Level 3
299 or less in attendance (include participants, bystanders, staff, volunteers and others).
- Application/Permit Processing Fee: $25.00
- Application Due Date: 30 days before event
Facilities and city Services Fee Schedule
For a full list of this schedule please see application