Merit Badge Classes
Please remember the charges for attending these programs are a donation to the library, used for supplies. The volunteers that teach these classes are not paid.
- Contact us via email with questions.
- For a list of current classes, view the online registration.
- Class schedules varies based on volunteer availability.
- You must register to attend these classes.
Location of Classes
The location of Merit Badge Classes varies based on space availability in the City. When registering please be sure to check Blue Sombrero and/or the library calendar of events to confirm the class location.
- Most classes cost $5. Some more intensive classes such as robotics, electronics, chemistry, etc. do have a different registration fee.
- No refunds will be given after the date of the class.
- Uniforms are required for all Scouts attending Scouting events. Due to a large number of attendees showing up without their uniforms, please be prepared to have your scout pay $5 cash at the door if they come out of uniform.
Please go to scouting.org or meritbadge.org and familiarize yourself with the badge requirements before registering to attend. Some badges require an activity we cannot do in a class room setting (such as touring a museum or interviewing a family member) and/or an activity that must be completed over an extended period of time (such as recording 90 days' worth of budget or chores). For badges like these, feel free to get started on those requirements before the class is held. If you choose to wait until after attending the class, please understand that the instructor will not issue a completed blue card until requirements are completed; you will need to finish the requirements at home and contact the instructor later to obtain the signed blue card.
Current List of Classes
This is a self-paced class that a Scout can work on in his spare time. Register online to pay the fee and meet with the counselor to get started. As you work on requirements, check in with the counselor to discuss progress. Once all of the requirements are completed, meet with the counselor to finalize the badge and sign off on the blue card. There is no official class time scheduled; this is a work-at-your-own-pace badge that would be easily worked on during your own time. Drop in during the following days and times to meet with Taffi or email with questions.
- Mondays 2:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Thursdays 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.