Additional Building Permit Requirements
The following outlines additional requirements. For further information please contact the building department at 801-766-6507.
- SWPPP Permit (View the Utah DEQ)
- Bring in 2 complete sets of Plans and Specifications.
- For Single Family Dwellings, provide one set of plans minimum size 18"x 24" one set of reduced plans (minimum 11 x 17) and a disk containing PDF copies of all submittal documents (disk must be updated with the approved submittal documents before the permit is issued).
- For Commercial projects provide two full sized sets of plans, one reduced set of plans and a disk containing PDF copies of all submittal documents (disk must be updated with the approved submittal documents before the permit is issued).
- All plans must include all applicable detail for the specific job and will not be accepted with pages, detail or options that do not pertain to the specific building being applied for. The submittal must include:
- Site and plot plans
- Footing and foundation plans
- Floor plan for each floor
- Wall cross section and details
- Plumbing, electrical and mechanical layouts
- Species and grade of lumber
- Model energy code compliance report [2015 Utah REScheck for residential and 2015 ComCheck for commercial projects]
- Engineering Calculation Packets and stamps on plans
- Heat loss calculations showing compliance with manuals J,D and S
- Gas Piping and venting details
- Truss manufacturers detail sheet
- ACH approval letters where applicable
- Fill out building permit application
- Plans are reviewed by the City's Plans Examiner, City Engineer, City Planner
- Plans are then processed. At the present time, single family dwellings can be processed in approximately 10 working days. Commercial plans or more complex plans may take longer.
- Purchase all permits. Receive one set of approved plans to be available on the job at all times.
Changes in Plans
Any changes from the approved set of plans must be resubmitted to the building department prior to making such changes.